-->



Thursday 17 July 2014

John Freida Dream Curls | Current Haircare


Hellooooo everyone.
Today I'm going to be sharing with you all my current hair care routine & products that I've been consistently using in the shower these past couple of weeks. I've always loved John Freida products as they give my hair that little extra bit of love as opposed to my usual shampoos. I've been an avid user of their Frizz Ease serum for years and last month I branched out and picked up their Miraculous Recovery hair mask and some products from their Dream Curls Range.




I've been trying to stay away from hair straighteners these past few months and just maintain the natural waves/curls in my hair which is why I decided to go for the Dream Curls range. Plus I wanted something that would calm down my ultra frizzy hair.




I really misunderstood the purpose of these products when I purchased them, assuming they would make the hair more curlier. However this is not the case for me. These products don't really curl however they add moisture to the hair which helps keep curls bouncy, shiny and frizz free and in doing so, enhances the natural curls & waves.


My favorite product would have to be the hair mask as it really adds to keeping your hair soft and manageable, I also like using the styling spray to scrunch my hair. The main reason I love these products is because they're are really light and do not weigh your hair down. I also have less frizz & flyaways when I use the John Freida products, which is a plus!


I would definitely purchase these products again as they keep my hair feeling soft, smelling nice and looking frizz free!






PRODUCT TIPS


If you have curly hair & you're looking to eliminate the frizz and bring out your curls then do give this product a try; however if you have naturally straight hair and you want to make your hair more curly, you're better off looking for something more stronger, e.g. a curling hair mousse or curling serum.


Whilst waiting for the hair mask to set in, brush through your hair very carefully with a wide tooth comb to help detangle any knots



GENERAL TIPS


Avoid using too much shampoo on the ends of your hair and focus more on massaging your roots. This is because shampoos (particularly those with sulphates) tend to remove moisture from your hair, causing breakage and split ends.



If you have a lot of split ends, try using a conditioner first to protect the ends of your hair before using a shampoo on your roots. It sounds weird, but it really helps seal some of those split ends.


Avoid using conditioner on the higher parts of your head as it makes your hair greasy quicker and also causes dandruff, itchy scalp etc.


Do you have any current hair routines?
Keeks x


2 comments:

  1. I always find that anti-frizz products make my hair greasy more quickly and I have to wash it more often. Did you find that with any of these? Maybe I should give them a go :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that if I use the conditioner or mask higher than the ends of my hair, it gets greasy quicker than usual but that's with most of the hair products I own. If you do give them a try, just avoid using the conditioner & the mask above neck level and you should be fine! xx

      Delete