-->



Wednesday 2 July 2014

e.l.f. Haul - All of the Dupes!


pinch, punch, 2nd day of the month!

Hellooo lovelies.
I've been really excited to do this blog post as recently e.l.f. Cosmetics had a whopping 50% off their entire site. Not only did I grab an amazing bargain but I was shocked to have found so many product dupes within my purchase!

P.S. Beware, this post is content & image heavy! 



I was so excited when the postman rang the doorbell, I literally dashed down three flights of stairs to get this package, sooo many exciting goodies! I purchased 14 items which altogether cost me £20.65, making each item about £1.48 each - amazing value!




I was in need of some smaller eye brushes as my eyes are on the smaller side so I thought I'd go for these e.l.f. brushes as they were under £1 each. They look like pretty basic eye brushes but they're actually quite soft, great for application & blending, and they haven't shed any hairs... so far so good!





My eyelids are beyond oily, no paint pot or Lemon Aid has ever stopped my lids from creasing until I recently tried a sample of the Urban Decay primer potion & was so amazed with the results, I went and bought the full-sized tube. I decided to purchase the e.l.f. lid primer on a whim as I needed to total my order up to £20 for free delivery & I'm so glad I did. I won't beat around the bush too much as I'll be doing a full review on this, but if you are looking for an eyelid primer that works well, try this one before you commit to anything else!



Another possible holy grail product! After searching high and low I've finally found a pressed powder comparable to my trust ole MAC Studio Fix Plus powder foundation! I love my MSFP so much but for everyday use, it can get pricey however I'd sacrifice as I could never found a good enough dupe until now. I purchased 3 different shades (Buff, Caramel, Almond) as I wasn't sure which shade I was and they were half price anyway! The e.l.f pressed powder is 5x cheaper and comes with a sponge and mirror too! The only downside it the limited range of colours which sucks as it's such a great dupe. I'll be doing a full review & comparison against my MSFP soon!


Another MAC dupe, e.l.f. is on this! This concealer palette is part of the e.l.f. Studio range & does way more justice than the price tag. I often find myself reaching for this concealer palette more than my MAC Pro Conceal & Correct palette as the e.l.f. formula is more creamier and glides on more smoothly. This is an absolute bargain compared to the MAC concealer palette!


This palette is similar to the previous concealer palette; the only difference being the two colour correctors. The formula is soft and glides on really easily. Beginners don't be scared, this product is really lightweight and buildable so it's great for daily use.



The e.l.f. Colour Stick was probably the most dissappointing product of my e.l.f. haul. Upon choosing this in the shade Spotlight, I had visions of it being a great dupe for the NARS Multiple in Copacabana, however, it wasn't really a great representation of the images on the website & I'm really not a fan of the scent. It smells like cheap sweeties (and not the tasty ones). Nonetheless, it's still a decent highlighting product & no harm was done for it's price. I use it to highlight down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow before applying my NARS Copacabana Illuminator but if I don't end up loving it soon, I may just give it away.



A lot of bloggers have suggested this as a dupe for the Benefit High Beam and I can see why. It's a lot more shimmery and thicker in texture than BHB, however it still looks naturally luminous on the skin. I really wanted to try this before purchasing another BHB, and I'm glad I did because I'm growing to love it. This is the shade Lilac Petal.


I really like mixing the e.l.f. Radiance Enhance with my foundation for a subtle golden glow. The formula itself appears glittery however it blends very naturally into the skin. I purchased the shade golden, which is not only perfect for my NC42/NC43 skin but great for anyone as it's quite sheer. I'm really intrigued to see what the other shades are like, the only problem I have is the with the packaging, I never know when to stop turning the thingymijig.


(left to right)
All Over Colour Stick in Spotlight, Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal, Radiance Enhancer in Golden





Overall, I'm very pleased with this haul and I really recommended anyone on a budget looking for some new makeup to check out e.l.f. cosmetics. Unfortunately the 50% off offer expired a day or two after I made my purchase but they still have some great offers on their site so do have a look!


+1 this post if you would like to see full reviews and swatches of all the dupes listed!

Have you tried any e.l.f. products?

Keeks xx


2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed by make up brushes and I got these. good price and they do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just! I'm planning to buy some more on my next e.l.f. haul! x

      Delete