-->



Friday 6 June 2014

Fushi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil | Emptied & Repurchased



Hello to all the wonderful bloggers of the world! I've been awake since 4am contemplating my life and I've decided that I will start a series of posts including products which I have used, emptied and repurchased and this is the first product that popped into my head!

All purpose virgin coconut oil 


BACKGROUD INFO

For the past two year, I've been having major issues with my hair (thinning, falling out, dryness, breakage, split ends, etc.) which have been gradually getting worse and it's due to a lot of reasons. My hair has been chemically treated and and damaged from heat multiple times, I have PCOS (which I might further explain in a later post) and I've just generally been an unhealthy person these past years!




I decided to go on a hair diet where I used no heated tools, tried to wash my hair less than 2x a week and I also purchased the Fushi Coconut oil (which I heard was great for healthier hair). I apply a tablesoon of the oil and focus on the roots of my hair and I would do this a night or two before washing my hair. I did this for about 3 months (which is how long the jar lasted me) and I was so pleased with the results, I cannot believe I didn't think to document the process! The hair that usually clogged up my bathtub drain had lessened and fewer strands were falling out when I combed through my hair. My hair felt softer and less brittle, and I could also feel little strands of hair in the middle of my scalp that were growing thus my decision to repurchase another jar.




There are so many things I love about the Fushi Coconut Oil and the brand itself so I'll list them briefly instead of babbling on till kingdom come:

• Their oils are 100% organic, cold-pressed extra virgin (which means the content itself is 100% coconut oil and not refined)
• The products come in recyclable packaging ( I will probably reuse the jars for DIYs)
 The coconut oil smells like Bounty chocolate bars
• The product is multifunctional and has so many purposes - it can be ingested, it's a great body moisturiser and eye makeup remover!
• The texture of the product is amazing - it's soft, buttery and bubbly white at room temperature and melts into your fingers within 3 seconds or so

The only issue I had is that the label wasn't very informative - it didn't explain other ways I could use the product apart from ingesting it which isn't so great for first timers. 


If you are unsure about which coconut oils are refined and which ones are virgin, the price is always a  great place to start, virgin coconut oil will probably cost around £5-£15 depending on the quantity. The texture & scent is also a give away, using the Fushi coconut oil has definitely made me realize the oils I tried previously weren't 100% pure. Also pay attention to the packaging, if the packaging is cheap and & plastic, it's likely the product isn't organic. There's no point paying for a product if you only get half the effectiveness (if that make sense).



Please note guys, I wouldn't recommend using this as a facial moisturiser if you have oily, acne-prone skin as there are high chances that it will could break you out severely! Stick to using it on your hair if you're worried!


Fushi Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (250g jar - £5.22) can be purchased online at:


Do you know any other good multi-purpose products?
Comment below!

Keeks xx



No comments:

Post a Comment