-->



Monday 23 June 2014

Current Lipcare Favourites & Wishlist


Hellooo lovelies.
It's been a while since I've last blogged, I've had a few bits of uni coursework to catch up on & hopefully I should be done and dusted by next week! I thought I'd blog about some new and existing lip care faves which I've been using a lot recently, most of which are drugstore and can be found in your local Boots, Superdrugs, pharmacies, etc. As it's a lot more sunny now, I've begun enjoying some sheerer, lightweight lip care formulas. 


Current Lipcare Favourites:

Carmex Original Pot (RRP £2.69)
Carmex Original Tube (RRP £2.69)
Burt's Bees Tinted Lipbalm Red Dahlia (RRP £5.99)
The Body Shop Born Lippy Strawberry/Passionberry (RRP £2)
Maybelline Baby Lips (RRP £2.99)
Chapstick Apple (RRP £1.05)
MAC Prep & Prime Lip (RRP £12.50)
Nivea Pearly Shine (RRP £2.29)
Lypsyl Peach (RRP £1.30)


Girrrllll you better balm yo lips.. 

WHICH IS THE BEST ONE FOR ME?


1. Scent

The Body Shop balms definitely win this round as they smell incredibly fruity and yum! This was my first Body Shop product I had ever owned and I've always stock up since. These babies used to retail for a fiver back in the day and now they only cost £2, a bargain and a great stocking filler too!

2. Lipstick Primer

The Carmex Original Pot & MAC Prep Prime Lip are my go to products prior to lipstick application. The MAC feels soft and velvety, a great base for matte lipsticks whereas the Carmex pot is a little more emollienty (that's not even a word I'm so sorry ^-^). I do prefer the scent of MAC PPL (buttery, vanilla scent) compared to Carmex (slightly minty, medicated scent); however in terms of effectiveness and price, I'd have to say Carmex is winning!

3.  Taste

I have a really annoying habit where I constantly lick product off my lips and end up hating life because most of the products taste vile. However this Apple Chapstick has a slight sweet flavour to it without being too sickeningly sweet, a winner in my books!

4. Mr. Perfect Lip Balm

All in all, I've got to admit the King of all Lip Balms has to be my Carmex pot. I have been using Carmex everyday since I was 13 (and I'm now 20, do the math!) and it has not let me down since. I used to be a Vaseline tin girl until I was acquainted with the Carmex pot and I have not gone back since. I've yet to meet another lip care product that does a better job than this one and the price is so affordable! There is a slight difference in formulation between the pot and the tube and I feel like that pot is better; however, potted lip balms can be unhygienic when out and about which is why I keep a tube of Carmex in all of my handbags! 




I used to be such a lip balm hoarder back in the day and my lip balms were my 'If you could only take one product to the desert.." items however over the years I've just either lost them or given them away so I've created a wishlist of some lip products I would really like to try out soon.

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Benefit BeneBalm
Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Juicy Peach
EOS Lip balms
Revlon Lip Butters
Carmex Moisture Plus Berry

Do you have any staple lipcare products?
Comment below!

Keeks xx



2 comments:

  1. I'm a lip balm hoarder too!! I recommend you try the EOS lip balm. I ordered one from amazon and it was fab in terms of scent, taste and moisture but so difficult to get in the UK =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to be trying the EOS balm soon, I feel like I'm missing out haha! x

      Delete