-->



Friday 17 April 2015

One Night in London with All Time Low


Disclaimer- Content heavy post
       
  


I haven't blogged about any concerts before which kinda sucks because 2014 was probably the highlight of my life (in terms of concert-attending if that's a word "_). The typical broke students we are, me and my flatmates decided to spend all our money last year on concert tickets but I have to admit, it was hella worth it! So from now on I'm going to blog about all the concerts I am lucky to go to because I love reading about other peoples experiences and well, I love music. My choice of music however is extremely varied, I like pretty much everything with only a few exceptions (heavy metal, techno...) meh. Like legit, the next tickets I wanted to buy were for J Cole in May but unfortunately I don't think I'll get to go...

(✖╭╮✖)


Anyway, me and Sabbi (the flatmate) bought seated tickets to All Time Low's 'One Night in London' concert on the 20th March 2015. It was at the Wembley SSE Arena which is a smaller venue compared to Wembley stadium, but I like that because you can actually see the performances better (and even though it's smaller, it's still huge!). Because I've got anxiety, I usually prefer getting seated tickets, especially in stadium/arena locations because I hate the fear of being squashed or trapped in a crowd where there is little space to move (better off seated than passed out and being hauled over security's shoulders I always say). Plus the tickets Sabbi scored us were amazing - we were so close to the stage, we could actually see the band and all body parts remained successfully intact. We were late by like 2 minute because I wasn't allowed to take my DSLR into the venue (something about a maximum lens size) so we missed the first half of Love Like War *cry face* and unfortunately all photos/videos were taken with an iPhone. Luckily the receptionists were willing to look after people's belongings so I guess that was okay. I don't really remember the entire setlist but I found it a copy online from www.setlist.fm.


SETLIST
1. A Love Like War**
2. Lost in Stereo
3. Six Feet Under the Stars**
4. Hereos
5. Stella*
6. Somewhere in Neverland**
7. The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver*
8. Weightless**
9. Remembering Sunday (ft. Cassadee Pope)**
10. Therapy**
11. Kids in the Dark
12. Guts**
13. Outlines (ft. Josh Franceschi)
14. Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)**
15. Forget About It
16. Backseat Serenade*
17. Time Bomb**
18. Something's Gotta Give*
Encore
19. The Reckless and the Brave*
20. Jasey Rae
21. Dear Maria, Count Me In*


The marked songs are ones which I like the most and the double marked songs are the ones which, if they didn't play, I would have cried. Personally, I wish the following songs were included: For Baltimore, If These Sheets Were the States, Vegas, and Stay Awake, because they are some of my favorites too. The setlist overall was pretty on point but I went to their concert last year at the 02 Academy Brixton and I think that setlist was 100% perfect. Although I'm not a religious punk/rock fan, I actually really like ATL and I've seen them a few times. A little off-topic but I mentioned before that I have anxiety and a few people know how bad I get when travelling and usually blasting ATL through my earphones helps ALOT.

The concert was only for one night only and I believe it was being recorded for All Time Low's DVD which I'm excited to see hopefully this year. Would love to see what I look like, makeup pouring down my face, sweating like a beast and screaming song lyrics haha #concertlife

Have you guys got any experiences to share?
Keeks xx


1 comment: